Post by @CubanWindow
An emblematic race / February 25-26:
- + 400 participants
- 20 countries
- Half Iron, Sprint, and Elite Sprint categories
- aims to contribute to collaboration for the development of this discipline in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- the Spanish Triathlon Federation (FETRI) and the International Triathlon Union (ITU) are actively involved.
- Half Iron Distance medal will be disputed (1.9km swim, 90km cycling and 21km run)
- ITU Elite Sprint (750m swim, 20 km cycling and 5km run)
- Mexico, Canada, Colombia, Panama, France, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Spain, Austria, Italy, Japan, Argentina, Brazil, the UK, Poland, Chile, New Zealand and the Dominican Republic are confirmed
- Cuba will host several events in this specialty in 2018, following a contract signed with the International Triathlon Union, and aims to host one of the phases of the World Cup in 2019.