Post By @CubanWindow
If you rank, for example the 5 best hotels in “Narnia” ( Yes, ur right, the imaginary site that appears in the movie) ok, the ranking for that type of information works, but in matters of society, rights, economy and politics, We bet to show and that others show us the whole, not 7 or 8 things that we should know about what we do not know and even less that with half a paragraph you intend to convince us with the truth or the absolute lie, because my friend , for those matters the absolute does not exist.
We are passionate about scraping the surface of things to reach its essence, so, let’s talk about Social service in Cuba for recent Graduates.
We have coincidentally accessed a 2 or 3 of articles on the subject, none of them explaining the reasons for Social Service as a figure in Cuban society legally supported and not by chance by the Labor Law (modified in 2014) – Sorry but only appears in Spanish
On the other hand, social service is not an exclusive practice in Cuba. Unesco defines it as an innovative instrument in higher education applied in several countries.
So here we leave you with a little of what we have found. Personally, it seems to us a fantastic guarantee on labor rights.
Among many, definitions of social service, we took this:
Work Training or Social Service is the stage in which the graduate consolidates its preparation guaranteeing a successful future development of the professional activity.
According to the educational policy of Cuba, the characteristics of the social service:
- It’s a complement for technical and vocational training
- Offer the graduates all the possibilities for a better professional performance and integration to the work community.
- Is a continuity of the learning system.
- The trainee receives overcoming, training and / or specialization, as needed in order to overcome inefficiencies and become a competent professional with a political cultural – ideological, economic, technological and basic general integral.
- Includes university graduates, middle technicians and graduates teachers for first to sixth grade (primary school according cuba definition) + Cuban interns who graduate abroad, in higher-level or middle-level career.
Protection for new graduates:
- Will have all the rights and duties that concern the condition of workers and will receive the salary that corresponds
- The sites that receive graduates for their training are obliged to assure them, when they reside in localities different from those of the center of labor place, the necessary conditions of life and adequate lodging during the whole period of training.
Actual problems to overcome:
Disagreements with the position assigned to the newly graduates are one of the main causes of youth labor migration, as the government of the island has openly expressed in seeking to perfect the process to satisfy both its economic needs and the interests of the Future workers.
Cuba was graduating more people than they really needed so that the location of students was especially difficult in careers related to the Humanities and Computer Sciences, they have then started a process of improvement of this process
The demand for skilled labor begins with the needs of the labor centers and ends with the approval by the Council of Ministers of the distribution plan for graduates. So every year the labor centers certify a demand and update the application for the next period for the job locations.
According to the master’s degree in Sociology Osnaide Izquierdo Quintana, from the University of Havana, students graduate thinking that they will work in similar places with their profile:
“and it’s good that they think that way, because that’s the logic of a well-devised and regulated work system: that your students graduate and work in their specialty to support the workforce needs that the country requires. “
“That should be perfected, specifically in labor centers; So that an agronomist requested by an agricultural enterprise is incorporated to apply what was learned in the production process, and not to take over a warehouse. “