“SAHIC Cuba: There are more than enough reasons to attend and no excuses that justify putting off a trip that cannot be postponed.” via http://sahiccuba.com/en/latam-e-news-cuba-special-edition-arturos-letter/
Why SAHIC Cuba
SAHIC Cuba will be the first Investment Conference related to hotel business, tourism and related projects that will take place in Cuba. In the very place where the events happen. In the tourist destination that is growing the most in the world in the last three years and that will definitely continue to grow during the years to come.
- Cuba received 4 million tourists in 2016 and achieved 34.7% growth in the last two years.
• From the US, a whopping 613,000 visitors arrived in Cuba in 2016, 329,000 Cuban Americans and 285,000 US citizens (74% more than in 2015), making it the second largest Cuban market behind the historic leader, Canada.
• In the first two months of 2017 the arrival of US visitors increased by 125% compared to the same period of 2016.
• In the first quarter of 2017, there was a growth in the total number of arrivals of 15% in relation to the same period of the previous year.
• Our projections estimate the arrival of 4.8 million tourists in 2017, which means an increase of 18% in relation to the previous year.