Post By @CubaWindow
WIF: Cubadebate + Latin Press + Caribbean News Digital + Cuba Travel
Topics: Tourism grows in Varadero, main Cuban resort + Cuba to Be a Gateway to America with Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski + Other hotels under construction at Paseo del Prado in Havana
Tourism grows in Varadero, main Cuban resort.
Varadero, one of the most well-known tourist centers, with beautiful beaches in the Hicacos peninsula, an arm of land with more than 20 kilometers long, located on the north coast of Matanzas Province and 140 kilometers east of Havana.
- From Canada and Germany arrived the largest number of visitors, while national tourism have increased by 20%.
- Iberostar Hotels in Cuba inaugurated its bulding no. 15 the Bella Vista Varadero Hotel, five-star Premium Gold category (more than 800 rooms)
- The portfolio of services of the International Clinic has diversified after the opening of stomatology and hemodialysis rooms
- In the spa there is an optional program: nautical activities, excursions to places of natural interest and the nearby city of Matanzas, which next year is 325 years old.
- The recreational center has 50 hotels, 80 percent of them with category of four and five stars, and a number superior to 20 thousand 400 rooms.
- In 2016 and for the ninth consecutive time, the major destination of the Greater Antilles received more than one million vacationers.
- The hotel facilities on occupy relevant positions on TripAdvisor, the largest travel website in the world.
Cuba to Be a Gateway to America with Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski
Destribats, New Five Star Plus Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski manager told that to build the first five-star hotel in Cuba is part of Kempinski’s philosophy in his taste for jewelry and also confirms that Havana has a lot of Europe.
Kempinski is one of the most prestigious hotel groups in the world and the oldest in Europe. It operates 74 hotels in some 30 countries.
Although this hotel will open its doors today, set for some few days later. Its opening ceremony is part of a strategy that will allow capture high-standard market and takes place after three years of execution through a project conceived by the Office of the Historian of Havana.
The hotel has 246 rooms, including 196 standard rooms and 50 suites, as well as bars, restaurants and gyms. It is located at La Manzana de Gomez (Gomez Block), first European-style shopping arcade in Cuba in 1917.
1917 – Manzana de Gomez Building
Other hotels under construction at Paseo del Prado in Havana
Accor Hotels plans to inaugurate in 2018 the luxury hotel “Sofitel So La Habana”, which will build on the emblematic corner of Prado and Malecon of the Cuban capital, in one of the best locations in Havana.