Post by @CubanWindow
- Cuban, American Tour Operators Join Hands against Travel Ban
- HELP END THE TRAVEL BAN TO CUBA FOR U.S. CITIZENS
- U.S. Cuba tour operators gird for Trump travel crackdown
- Travel without Risk: add it to the list of benefits offered by Cuba
- Between Headlines: a poison pill hidden in President Donald Trump’s National Security Presidential Memorandum (NSPM) on Cuba (II)
- Crack down on Cuba: How Will Trump’s New Policies Affect Cuba’s Economy? via Forbes
Article 13 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
- (1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each State.
- (2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
Article 12 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights:
- (1) Everyone lawfully within the territory of a State shall, within that territory, have the right to liberty of movement and freedom to choose his residence.
- (2) Everyone shall be free to leave any country, including his own.
The best way to get a first-hand look at what is happening on the Caribbean island is to visit it.
As a “terrible and misguided deal” is how Trump sees the US opening toward Cuba, that’s how 3 words turned into a compelling reason as to collapse at a stroke the bilateral agreements that President Barack Obama and President Raul Castro establish after a long history of cold war between the two nations.
Trump’s threats have been received in our yard very seriously by potential travelers who fear to take a trip to the Island and receive in return the punishment while in the other hand many political & commercial sectors demand the end of the ban on traveling to Cuba as tourists.
300,000 of our fellow citizens visited Cuba in the first six months of 2017, more than twice last year’s number during the same period thanks to the relaxation of the relations between the 2 countries, which not only report benefits to the island’s suffocated economy, depressed largely by the real blockade imposed by our government since 1962, but also favors tour operators, travel agents, airlines & american cruise lines who receive requests from small groups and families who wish to travel there.
The story told by others can reach us in several versions, like the most crude truth or the worst sweetened lie, then we are left with that capricious wish to check, to feel, to live the experience and become the storytellers.
Visit the forbidden land, walk in its streets, speak with those who live there is our constitutional right, don’t let the hypocritical and failed politics against Cuba steal you the freedom to touch her with your own hands.