Post by @CubanWindow
Several maritime signs protect navigation around the Cuban archipelago. Some of them date from the colonial period, at that time raised with stone from the quarries, operated and guarded by endowments of “torreros” (Caretakers of the towers)
Likewise, light sources flow from oilseed, whale and olive oils, passing systems fed with oil, kerosene and acetylene until reaching the electricity.
Here is a sample of the most emblematic
The “Morro” Lighthouse
Identifies the Cuban capital and distinguishes its port, was first lit at 7.30 pm on July 24, 1845, a century after its opening was electrified. It is center today of a historical-military park and included in the title of Patrimony of the Humanity granted by the UNESCO to Old Havana