Post by @CubanWindow
Searching for news about Cuba we find this post from last October 2016 referred to “The competition scholarship event. Challenge of Cuba’s infrastructure”
Reading the headline we thought that it was a project that sought to create a brainstorming among young American University students and Cubans University students (the last ones with an excellent background * later we will return the subject) defying the blockade so real and heartbreaking.
…we were wrong, the project was 100 x 100 American with all the imperialist burden that accompanies us as punishment + the rusty slogan and impregnated with the feeling of supremacy that pray: we the north are the best in everything and the best solution for all + the annexationists yearnings of a group of Cuban-Americans anchored in the past, waiting (for a long time !!!) for a change that breaks the sovereignty of the Cubans who decided to stay and “push forward” from within.
- Engineers and students present projects to improve Cuba’s infrastructure
- The meeting is sponsored by associations of Cuban-American engineers
Reading begins to confuse us:
- 16 students from three Florida universities compete and the first prize will get $ 12,000
- One of the proposals this year is based on finding solutions for public transport on the island
- Improve environmental decontamination, transportation, waste management and adaptation to climate change, critical issues in the crumbling Cuban infrastructure
- “These projects represent a challenge that could be used one day in Cuba to improve the deteriorated infrastructure, while at the same time we feel that we contribute to the reconstruction of our native country”
Yeap !! We were wrong:
- ALL PROJECTS ARE BASED ON THE PRINCIPLE OF A FUTURE CUBA, WITH NEW CONSTRUCTION CODES, REGARDED BY NORTH AMERICAN LAWS
Regina Rodriguez, environmental engineer and teacher
- “For this Saturday we have proposals for water treatment, communication lines, internet, aqueducts, housing, public buildings and electrification,” he says. “One of the work this year is based on finding a solution to the problem of public transport in Cuban cities. All projects are based on the principle of a future Cuba, with new constructive codes, governed by US laws. “
???? Did they know that:
Exist the Technological University of Havana
- created for the revolution in December 2, 1964 that is the governing center of the Technical Sciences in the country and the largest in Cuba in the field of technology with 7 faculties where they take 12 carrers – 11 accredited and of them 8 of Excellence. And included engineering courses of: Civil; Hydraulics; Electric; Telecommunications and Electronics; Automatic; Biomedical; Chemistry; Mechanics; Metallurgy; Industrial; Computer science and Architecture.
- Offers winter courses, grading and complete careers for foreign students
- Covers an area of 398,000 m 2, which includes more than 40 buildings, including classrooms, laboratories, libraries, dormitories, cafeterias, sports fields, medical clinic, student recreation house, theaters and other facilities that assist in the preparation of Students
- From their external relations, collaboration and solidarity are distinguished by hosting in their classrooms students of some 68 nationalities; Develops about 92 international projects and maintains ties of friendship and exchange with more than 200 universities of the world + has subscribed 329 international agreements with universities of europe, asia, africa and america
Just remember that we like to write short paragraphs so you do not get bored with long talks.
We borrow for a last comment the name that have been given by the event organizers to the Gala of Inauguration Party to be host in March of 2017:Havana Dreams !!!
What a pity that this “dreams” is not shared with the Cuban young people of the island, brilliant, enterprising, naturally revolutionary, with enviable clarity of thought.
Foolish ones who thinks that they have the right to go there and impose their laws or show them what they have to do it with the Cuban future.